Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Teddy Bear Picnic

I had to throw a little party for my Kayla bear turning 1...of course, as people say, the first birthday party is more for the parents than the kid who has no clue what's even going on. I had fun with the theme and decorations and the cakes. I was so busy playing hostess, though, that I didn't take many pictures of the decorations...so you'll have to use your imaginations. I hid large teddy bears around our yard - in the bushes, in the tree, on the ground, and had some picnic blankets and benches for our guests. I tied clusters of helium balloons to a couple of picnic baskets and to the benches, had a few miniature teddy bears sitting around miniature dishes near the entrance, and had a table set up with a huge Winnie-the-Pooh and little jars of honey around him (from our beehive) for the guests to take as a party favor. I don't think that many people actually paid much attention to the decorations, but oh well I had fun doing it. We played the Teddy Bear Picnic song and just had snacks, opened presents, and then of course had her attack a cake. Here are a few pictures of the cakes:

This is the one I made for everyone to eat.


This is the one I made for her to attack.


She took a little while getting into it, but she really had a good time.







Our little baby is growing up too fast.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming on Saturday! It was so good to have you guys there! (Mel, and Kayla anyway.. ;-)
    Also thanks for the gift! kaia was dancing around and playing with it today. AND Stew and Chris were having a good time with it last night too. Haha silly boys!

    ReplyDelete