Sunday, February 14, 2010

Loooove songs

Today being a lovey-type day, I thought it would be fun to put a few of my favorite mushy songs about love on here.

-Just a little blurb about each one:

1. Je t'aime
This is our special song. One night Kraig drove me to this pretty overlook, and he played this song for me. I spoke enough French to understand the words without it losing any beauty in translation, and it pretty much melted me. We also did a walz in front of everyone to this at our reception. Aaaahhh....I love it.

2. The Way I Am (Ingrid Michaelson)
Just a fun, catchy, laid-back song. It reminds me of how I feel about my sweetie.

3. Better Together (Jack Johnson)
Again, catchy and laid-back. I love the live version but couldn't find the one that sounds the best.

4.You Were Meant for Me (Jewel)
This song was 'meant' for me and Kraig. Our paths were absolutely meant to cross at the perfect time, and we were prepared along the way to meet each other through specific experiences. When we met things just clicked a little too easily and naturally, and we were amazed at the common backgrounds we had, even though we grew up thousands of miles apart. I feel very lucky to have this guy who treats me so sweetly (though he's a cheeky bandit lots of the time, it makes things pretty fun.)

5.Eternal Flame (Bangles)
Okay, I know, pretty cheesey, but a classic oldie. It brings back memories for me cuz it was one of those well known songs among me and my friends when I was a teenager and a fave karaoke song.

No comments:

Post a Comment