Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lookin' for adventure

Even though we just got back from a couple of road trips, I am craving some adventure! I want to go somewhere new, and try new things, and be spontaneous. I guess that's why I love to travel so much - I love to see the world and sometimes just fly by the seat of my pants. There is so much to learn and explore. Lately being a 'settled' stay-at-home mom has been hard for me, because of these cravings. I love my little Kayla bear so much. Her giggles are so contagious, and at least every day SHE is having an adventure and exploring new territory. But I've always known that staying at home with my kids would be a challenge for me. I've never been a home body. I remember being on a school trip (it was an over-nighter) when I was 11 and some of the kids were crying because they missed home, and I just couldn't understand. Sure, I loved my parents and brothers, but it was so fun to be on a new adventure.

So today I just wanted to book a flight to Hawaii or somewhere. The fact of the matter is, though, we can choose to blow Kraig's bonus on a trip someplace, or we can re-do our basement (without going into debt anyway). I really want to extra space a finished basement would provide! Plus it would be a good selling-point when we can sell this place. So I reminded myself again, to be wise, and to be practical, enough with the spontaneity and frivolous!!! (But I really would like to go to Hawaii again....along with England, and Japan, and New Zealand, or even just the northeast part of the U.S.!) There I go dreaming again!
One day......

Perhaps I was spoiled growing up, since we got to visit so many places. The BEST Christmas my family ever had was when we went to Germany and skiied, and there were no presents. It was awesome!

Where would you go if you could choose anywhere?

3 comments:

  1. Um, I think you should really work on that Hawaii thing! Just make it work...ok? J/k I totally understand, although Chris and Lyns and coming next month and it would be GREAT to see you guys! Love yaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how you feel. I know it is hard to wait, but there will be a time in your life to travel. We are there and it is fun, but when that time comes you are older and you miss those times when you had little kids around. I guess it is sometimes hard to have both at the same time. Sorry we missed seeing you a couple of weeks ago. Steven and Kathy are coming tonight to visit and spend the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa- You are adorable! I enjoyed reading about how you love adventure. I don't have kids yet, but when I do I have a feeling I'll need to copy and paste what you wrote! Glad to hear you are enjoying being a mom and life up in Utah.
    -Linds

    ReplyDelete