Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Competition

Is life a competition? Most people would say no to that question, but many people act like it's necessary to compare children, spouses, looks, homes, parenting styles, salaries, etc. It's natural to compare ourselves with others that seem to be in the same boat. But if we get in the habit of continually comparing and competing, it seems like usually one of two things will happen: We'll become prideful or become envious.

Neither one are too pleasant.

And it's a waste of time. Because every family, every individual, and every situation is unique. You can't compare apples to oranges.

I just had to get that off my chest.

3 comments:

  1. Oh...how I'd love to know what was behind that deep thought...but then that would be gossiping and that's not too great of a thing to be doing either...so I'll just go back to nursing 24/7! Good thought for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true.... appearances/talk can be deceiving though, so I think when one boasts, it is typically a cover when there are likely more personal problems and insecurities at the root of it all...Also I see trying to please man with what we have/do is foolish, shouldn't we instead strive to do what pleases God? I'm glad you got that off your chest, good thought for the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree! We are so excited to see you guys in a few days!

    ReplyDelete