Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lightning Party

I almost didn't do a friend party for Mikayla because she's been timid in big groups lately, but I'm so glad we did! We had a great time, and Mikayla was in heaven! She finally got her Lightning McQueen Party.
We started off by riding on the 'racetrack' we made. We live at the end of our street and we just okayed it with our neighbors accross the way and blocked off the road. They loved it!










All the racers



Playing 'Pass the Parcel'. You pass the present and when the music stops, you can unwrap one layer to get a prize (a classic British party game).



Mikayla showing me her bracelet she won in the 'Pass the Parcel' game



All the kids showing off their bracelets



Playing 'Don't let Frank catch you' tag game that Kraig came up with



Lined up just before they take off racing to the other side of the yard



I was so pleased that the cake turned out seeing as I'm not a great baker, but I do enjoy getting creative with kids' cakes. The fence is made out of cinnamon sticks and pretzels tied together with string. The grass is coconut died green. And I searched all over to find just the right kind of tractors. For 3 months, Mikayla has requested a 'Lightning McQueen Cake' so I wanted to make sure she loved it. When I showed it to her, the reaction was "OH MY GOODNESS!" which made it so worth the effort.















Present time! Mikayla loved all of the gifts, but after opening them she just wanted to keep playing with all her friends. They went and rode bikes again while they waited for their parents to come. I think that's what made the party so happy for her - to have her favorite little people over to celebrate.






We waited till all of the kids had gone home to give her our present, a long awaited for kitchen! We knew that once we showed her this she wouldn't be interested in much else.


I think her new obsession is going to be princess stuff. She only recenlty saw Cinderella and has been asking for a ball gown ever since. Well, we just gave her her Halloween costume a few months early. Though thankfully she doesn't HAVE to wear it every day, she has asked to wear it to bed and to church.

1 comment:

  1. So fun!! You are so brave to do friend parties! I loved the cake you are so talented! We meant to call you the night after her Birthday to wish her a happy Birthday. Everytime we remembered it was too late and Mikayla was most likely in bed. We are excited to see you all for Christmas! I can't believe Mikayla is already 3. Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete