to this...
On Saturday my babe hit her first major milestone! I love the one year mark. Walking, done with nursing, cow's milk, first words...the amount of change and growth in this first year is amazing and it makes me reflect back to the tiny thing she was not too long ago. But I have to admit...
When I was growing up, I used to think it was so funny how sentimental my mom would get on each of our birthdays. She would reminisce about being in labor, the delivery, etc. As a kid you just don't understand what a huge deal it is to a mom to celebrate the birth and life she gave and all the experiences and emotions it brings.
I will never forget the details of what happened a year ago. The anxiety I faced about trying for a VBAC. Labor pains starting at 4am. Then, at the hospital, trying to cope with labor pains on half of my body because the epidural got dislodged. The burning pain across my previous incision. Then how Ashlynn got stuck, then into the OR again and how we waited and waited to hear her breathe and cry. So scary. And I am so grateful that Ashlynn made it here safely. That night I lay in my hospital bed with my little boo, feeling immense peace and relief and just enjoying being taken care of by the docs and nurses.
Ashlynn is my little dream child (which is what her name means) and Kraig, Mikayla and I have had a great time enjoying her developing and growing into a cherubic little toddler. She has been so healthy and HAPPY and silly. She has been walking across the room with increasing confidence and steadiness during the last 2 weeks, and grinning the whole time.
She has a huge appetite and she especially goes crazy for BaNaNaS. This is what happens when I give her banana slices:
1. She flaps her arms and makes monkey noises.
2. She shoves them in her mouth as fast as possible.
3. She smears some in her hair for good measure.
4. She looks to me for more, and sometimes signs the 'more' sign. But usually more monkey noises suffice.
('More, mama!')
And we opened presents from the cousins. She got a cool puzzle, rubber duckies, a pop-up toy, and a retro-style rotary dial toy telephone.
And, I know it's silly, but we had a 'best-dressed banana' competition. Here are the entries:
It was nice having family here to celebrate. We missed the Cramer side of course (wish we lived closer) and the rest of the Williamsons who live outside of Utah. Glad we could skype/facebook with some of you to share the craziness! We had quite the loud, laughing, busy, screaming, running, big-family party!
Happy Birthday Ashlynn!!
ReplyDelete