Aaaah, so much has happened since I last posted! I kind of forgot about blogging for a while....I guess that's what happens when other things take up your time and attention for a while. Now I will attempt to backtrack and document our last several months. Starting with Thanksgiving!!!
We went out to my parents' for the holiday, which is always lots of fun. My girls LOVE to visit their grandparents' and are SOOO much better behaved there than at home. So seriously. my mom thinks I have angelic kids because when we are there they ARE angels. They don't have tantrums, they sleep all night every night, they obey, they are HAPPY all the time....what is up with that? I mean, I am really glad they are so happy there but it makes me feel like 1) a liar (since it's hard for my mom to believe Ashlynn is a little terror at home and 2) like I am doing something wrong at home. It must be the trampoline.....or the drums......or all the attention they get....hmmmm...we need to get a trampoline.
But anyway, we had a wonderful time! My poor dad broke his foot just a week prior to us coming so it was good to see him and cheer him up a little. He fell down the stairs whilst carrying a big box and landed on it wrong, dislocating it and breaking it in a few places. Ewww, talk about painful!!!! I have never seen my Dad laid-up so it was strange to see him just sitting around.
While we were there we recruited Stew and Dave to photograph our family while my mom made faces and got pretty silly. Also, Kraig got me photo Shop (yipppeeeee!) and so I have been playing around with editing. Here's how some of our faves turned out:
This is literally in my parents' back yard! That fence above is their property line. Don't they live in a beautiful place?
And they get quite a lot of antlered (or not antlered) four-legged friends parading around their front and back yard.
So that was our Thanksgiving photo shoot!
We had a delicious traditional meal with my parents and two younger brothers, Dave and Stew, and with my aunt and uncle and their 5 (grown-up) kids. It was big, noisy, slightly chaotic.....just the way it should be with huge family gatherings. And afterwards, we had that what-are-you-grateful-for tradition that my mom always insists on doing, and it was a memorable, meaningful time as we reflected on life and all of our blessings. Especially the blessing of health and loved ones. My awesome cousin, Kasey, broke her jaw right before Thanksgiving, too. So she had a miserable time sucking her dinner through a straw, but we were all feeling so grateful that it wasn't more serious. And then my Dad, of course, was feeling a special appreciation for the ability to walk on two legs. Life and health is so precious, and so fleeting sometimes.
Now he is pretty much all healed up! So, as you walk away from your computer today, be grateful for your two legs and feet. I know my Dad is.






No comments:
Post a Comment