Thursday, December 10, 2009

Update

Back in October I lost my camera...so I was discouraged about blogging for a while...but we got a new one for our Thanksgiving trip, so I'm up and running again. We had a wonderful time for Thanksgiving. We went to Rancho Cucamunga, CA to stay with Kraig's brother Kent. They just bought a big beautiful home and we got to help them break it in. Mikayla was in heaven with all of her older cousins who loved to entertain her, plus she got to play outside in the warmth, and she couldn't get enought of pushing around their little doll stroller. Kraig's ENTIRE family made it for the big dinner, and it was a busy, noisy crowd. There was always at least one kid crying, it seemed! We played a lot of games with the kids, watched the BYU-Utah football game, and rode bikes in their backyard. This is Mikayla with her cousins Grace and Levi - she loves Levi especially! He's just so entertaining and nice to her and likes to make her giggle. It was fun to hit some sales with my Sis.-in-laws (with no kids), and we played at a beautiful park in 75 degree weather. This is all the cousins playing in the leaves at the park. Game day. Kraig and I wanted to go to the beach, but his family were all saying it was 'too cold'. CRAZY CALIFORNIANS! (Gotta love 'em).
This is the little doll wiped out on the way home to Utah. As for this month, I am thoroughly enjoying the Christmas season. I've had some fun decorating for Christmas this year....Here's a couple of things that I think are really pretty that I found at...shhhh...don't tell anyone...the dollar store. Okay. I know it's kind of tacky to get decorations there, but I wanted to keep costs down and these things fulfil their purpose for now. When we move into a larger house I'll probably need to get different decorations anyway, right? I even got up the gusto to hang the lights on the outside of the house this year. Usually Kriag does it, but he's pretty busy every Saturday, and by the time he gets home from work it's FREEZING and dark, so I knew it wouldn't get done for a while, so I did it. The only problem - I hung them so that the wrong plug (the 'female' end) is near the electrical outlet so now we have to run an extension cord all the way across the driveway to plug them in, and we have to make sure not to run it over, and it's really cold to have to go unplug them, etc. Next year Kraig is doing it.
Mikayla is quite entertaining every day (even when she's throwing tantrums it's hard not to laugh) and she's my little buddy. Here's a couple of videos of her fooling around at home.

1 comment:

  1. Such a little cutie!! Little ones do the silliest things!! Love it!! So excited to see you soon. Less than a week!!

    ReplyDelete