Then the sun came out, and it created the brightest and longest rainbow I have probably ever seen, with the mountains as the backdrop. Mikayla kept saying "WOW" as I pointed out all the beauties.
God is a wonderous creator. There is something so refreshing about nature and the beauties of the earth...it speaks to me somehow.
It occured to to me that to get a rainbow, you need both rain and sun. Sometimes I only want 'sunny' times and think I could do without the 'rainy' days, but maybe we really do only experience the greatest wonder and beauty with both.
As I write this, I can still hear the rain outside, and through the window I can see soft distant patches of lightning illuminating the sky. It's the beautiful kind, not the threatening, jagged kind. I love summer storms. Even if it did spoil our swimming plans for tonight.
Awww! Sweet thoughts!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping to see you and meet little Mikayla at Paul's wedding next week--I'm coming on my own--don't know if it's a case of "better me than no one" but that's the way it is!