Monday, September 28, 2009

Triathlon weekend


Last weekend we had 4 Cramers compete in the Daybreak Triathlon - Kraig, his two brothers Kent and Klaron, and Klaron's wife Amy. I am kind of chicken to do the half mile swim in the lake again (did it 4 years ago) but....I am planning to make myself just get over it and do it again next June. Kraig is trying to recruit even more of his bros to do a St. George one in about 9 months, and I can't just stand by and watch this time. This is gonna be too exciting to do as a family.

So anyway, they all came to stay for a few days and we had a really good time! We went on a walk up Little Cottonwood Canyon and visited the quarry where the rock used to make the Salt Lake temple was excavated.

This is her latest trick - climbing on anything she can.



The colors were beautiful up there - I love this time of year in Utah.


As we were driving back we hit a HUGE rainstorm. I took of this picture a few minutes before it started pouring.




This is when Mikayla and I were waiting at the finish line for everyone. She got a little ancy....ansy....(anyone know how to spell that word?)



Here's Kraig running in to the finishline.




Amy, Klaron, Kent, and Kraig at the finish line.


We all had a good time together! Especially Mikayla and Teagan (Klaron and Amy's boy)- they LOVED playing together and interacting. They just clicked. They would look at each other and smile, then one of them would crawl or walk away, and the other would follow. My favorite was when I got them to push each other on Mikayla's bike.



The last day Amy and Klaron were here, we went to 'This is the Place' Heritage Park and learned a few things about how this state began. There was lots more to do and see than we anticipated.




Thanks for coming you guys - looking forward to St. George!

2 comments: